Today we are going to start preparing our interactive oral presentations. The first activity will be a matching exercise in which you will have to connect a certain number of images with their corresponding captions. There is one image for each caption. Your teacher will give you a handout (here) with the captions which you will have to complete as you watch the images projected. Click on the following link to see the images:
After you do that exercise you will be assigned one of those images with its corresponding caption. Then, you will have to read well and analyze both, the image and the caption, in order to give your personal opinion about it in front of your classmates. The extension of your presentation should be 4-5 minutes. You will prepare your interactive oral activity using the following template:
In that document you will have to:
- Write down your caption.
- Refer to what you have learnt in class about that topic.
- Find two sources on the Internet that may help you support your opinion.
- Write your opinion in a paragraph.
- Jot down the three most important ideas that you will say in your presentation.
After you prepared your interactive oral activity, you will upload that information on your blog. This will be divided as it follows:
Point 1.- Your caption
Point 2: Your picture
Point 3: What you learnt in class (paragraph)
Point 4: Supportive information from the Internet (Source 1) (Paragraph)
Point 5: Supportive information from the Internet (Source 2) (Paragraph)
Point 5: Your opinion
Point 6: The three most important ideas that you will say in front of your classmates.
WHOLE ACTIVITY ASSESSMENT
- Spelling & Capitalization: ___ / 5 pts.
- Grammar and Vocabulary: ___ / 5 pts.
- Classwork: ___ / 5 pts.
- Pronunciation: ___ / 5 pts.
- Task fulfilment: ___ / 5 pts.
- Critical thinking: ___ / 5 pts.
- TOTAL: ____ / 30 pts.