There are two positions towards this issue: one is that violent broadcasting affects children´s behaviour and the other is that it does not.
What are the video games you play? Are they violent? Are you able to distinguish between violent and non-violent situations? How do you do this?
You are going to watch a video regarding this issue. Pay close attention. Take notes as you watch.
WHILE WATCHING: 1st LISTENING
Answer the following question after you have watched the video once. Do this in your copybook:
1. WHAT IS THE COMMUNICATIVE PURPOSE OF THIS VIDEO? PROVIDE EVIDENCE.
POST WATCHING: 2nd LISTENING
Answer the following questions:
1. What game is the one being shown?
2. What is the objective of the game?
3. Do you know of any real situation that has occurred similar to the scene presented in the game? Name them.
4. What country has the most and the least exposure to TV? Are these countries developed or developing?
5. Name the effects that children may suffer if exposed to violent media content.
6. Why aren´t children safe?
7. What is the best way to protect children from violence?
8. What is the most important aspect for TV and the broadcasting industry?