- Interprets information, ideas, opinions and concrete attitudes presented in written texts
- Interprets main and secondary ideas
- Extracts conclusions
- Comprehends and uses linguistic conventions accurately
In this assessment you are going to make a glogster project about the book “Heart of Darkness” in which you will create 8 bubbles that will contain the following information:
1) A description of Marlow (refer to his personality, his ambitions, his fears, etc.) (50 words)
2) A description of Kurtz (refer to his personality, his ambitions, his fears, etc.) (50 words)
3) A definition of what you understood as “Imperialism in Africa” in your own words. (40 words)
4) An explanatory image of African Imperialism downloaded from the Internet. Copy the link where you borrowed the image from.
5) An explanatory image of “Ivory hunt” downloaded from the Internet. Copy the link where you borrowed the image from.
6) A description of what is, in your opinion, the best part of the book. (40 words)
7) The answer to this question: How and why does Kurtz die? (50 words)
8) A vocabulary entry with 10 new words that appear in the book with their corresponding definition.
– Your glog should be entitled “Heart of Darkness” and it must include a background in accordance with the topic.
– Include at least 2 connectors (not repeated) in each bubble with text (you should have 12 in total)
– The rubric will contain the following descriptors:
Misspelling, Vocabulary and grammar, Classwork, Responsibility, Task completion, Content and Creativity and design.
Check below for a referential skeleton of your project:
Good luck and work hard!